Diapozitiv 1 - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

Loading...

PPT – Diapozitiv 1 PowerPoint presentation | free to download - id: 7b739c-YzNiM



Loading


The Adobe Flash plugin is needed to view this content

Get the plugin now

View by Category
About This Presentation
Title:

Diapozitiv 1

Description:

center za sluh in govor maribor slovenija centre for hearing and speech maribor slovenia – PowerPoint PPT presentation

Number of Views:13
Avg rating:3.0/5.0
Slides: 20
Provided by: Matj159
Category:

less

Write a Comment
User Comments (0)
Transcript and Presenter's Notes

Title: Diapozitiv 1


1
CENTER ZA SLUH IN GOVOR MARIBOR
SLOVENIJA CENTRE FOR HEARING AND
SPEECH MARIBOR SLOVENIA
2
The Centre for hearing and speech Maribor was
founded in June 1962 as a special department for
hearing and speech rehabilitation within the
Maribor Health Centre. It included two
surdopedagogical clinics where deaf, hard of
hearing and speech impaired received the
treatment. In 1965 the first pre-school unit was
established and the school gradually developed
into a complete school for deaf and hard of
hearing children.
  • The activity of the Centre is performed within
    three units
  • Kindergarten
  • Primary school
  • Audiologopedic clinics
  • The Kindergarten and Primary school units provide
    treatments for deaf,hard of hearing and speech
    impaired children,psychological and social
    service, individual speech and verbal therapy and
    mobile surdopedagogical service for children
    attending regular education.

3
Jožek TKALEC
Bojan VUK
PUPILS IN THE PROJECT
Smiljan TROJNER
Peter JELEN
4
MARIBOR - A TOWN WITH HISTORY
MARIBOR BEFORE AND NOW
5
So as to protect Carinthia from Hungarian
attaccks in 9th and 10th centuries the Carinthian
Duke Bernhard Spanheim ordered a fort to be built
on Piramida (a hill above Maribor) in order to
close off the entrance in to the Drava valley and
further in to Carinthia.The fort or castle was
called Castle in Mark- Burg in der Mark was
first mentioned in a document dated 1164. Already
in the 13th century the village under the castle
had become a market (1209) and in 1254 it was
first mentioned as a town. In the 14th century
the town got a town-wall with todays Judgement
Tower.Only by the 16th century with the building
of two new fortifications on the river drava
the Water Tower and the former Maribor Venice
did the southern part of town get a
fortification. Only by the 19th century did the
town experience speedy development. At the
beginning of the 19th century Maribor was a
typical provincial town that still locked the old
medieval centre at night. Maribor was the first
town in Slovenia to get a railway link. The first
train ran through the town in 1846. At the
beginning of the 20th century maribor was a real
industrial town. The First World War and mainly
its end brought Maribor one of the most turbulant
events in its history. On 1st November 1918 the
later General Rudolf Maister and his soldiers
occupied the town which the Maribor Germans
planned to join to the newly founded Republic of
Austria. With that move Maister achieved in
keeping Maribor a Slovene town.
6
MAIN SQUARE The Main Square (Glavni trg) is
mentioned in documents as a market area already
by 1315.Some important historical buildings stand
here. The most important one being the City Hall
Rotovž which was built in 1515, the St.Marys or
Plague Memorial. During the two World Wars the
Central Bus Station was located here.
Even today The Main Square has preserved all the
historical monuments that have originated over
the centuries. The main bus station is gone.
Along the sidewalk there is a street that
connects the west and east part of the town.
7
RAILWAY STATION AND PARTIZANSKA STREET Maribor
railway station was officialy opened on 2nd June
1864. Already on the 27th April 1846 the first
locomotive, called Ocean, passed through
Maribor. Partizanska street led to the new
railway station and after the completion of
Maribors new station it became one of the most
beautiful streets leading into the town.
The old buildings from the railway station have
been replaced by new ones, Partizanska street is
one of the busiest streets in town. Most of the
old houses are preserved, among them we can find
some modern ones.
8
CASTLE SQARE The main building in Castle Square
is Mariborstown castle. It was built by Emperor
Friderich III between 1478 and 1483 in order to
fortify the northeastern part of the town
wall. Since 1938 the castle has housed the
Regional Museum of Maribor.
The square has not changed much since its
beginnings. Around the Monument to St. Florian
children are playing while their parents are
having coffee at one of the squares
confectionery.
9
MARIBOR ISLAND The public baths on Maribor were
built in 1930. In the period prior to the Second
World War this bathing establishment was regarded
as one of the most beautiful in Central
Europe. It had three pools and a 10 metre high
diving board, showers, a sun bathing area,
cabins, communal dressing- rooms, cupboards for
clothing, a restaurant, a promenade,etc.
Even today the Maribor island is a popular public
spa which invites more with its beautiful nature
than with its tidiness. The diving board is gone,
the other objects are almost unchanged since its
beginings due to the lack of funds in the towns
budget.
10
TOWN PARK In 1872, on the former estate of Duke
Brandis, the old town park was arranged. In the
1880s the park was extended and in it were
erected statues of Emperor Joseph II and Archduke
Janez. In 1890 a music pavillion was built and
only in 1896 was the park actually finished.
The park has obtained its beauty and many ancient
trees till today. The music pavilion in the south
part often hosts Sunday concerts. The statue of
Emperor Joseph II has been replaced by a broze
statue of our academic sculptor Gabrijela
Kolbica. In the Aquarium we can admire a lot of
see and land species.
11
NEW STATE BRIDGE At the beginning of the 20th
century the town council and the goverment
decided that a new, modern bridge over the river
Drava was needed due to the growth of the
town. The bridge was built in 1913 and was
considered to be one of the most beautiful
Bridges in the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
Today the small bridge on the right side is gone
and you can see only the stone foundation. Later
on many other bridges were built over the river
Drava and that is why this bridge is called the
old bridge.
12
THE OLD VINE The over 400 years old vine,
cosidered the oldest in the world, is probably
the most celebrated site of the city.
The vine still bears fruit, while at the same
time reminding the city of its past, which was
much linked to wine production and exports until
the very end of the XIX century.
13
SLOMŠEK SQUARE Slomšek square got the look it has
todaj during regulations made in 1891. A park
called the Emperor Franc Joseph Plantation was
created on the site where the vicarage garden had
previouly stood.
The square is surrounded by beautiful old
buildings where we can find the Slovene Post,
Sloveve national theatre and the Theologian
faculty. The restored building in the west part
of the square is the University administrative
building.
14
MILITARY CADET SCHOOL The beautiful building of
the onetime Kings imperial school for cadets was
built 1852-1853 for the Imperial Military Academy
Institute. It was built on the southern edge of
town. The purpose of the school was to prepare
cadets for the military academy. A new, wide
avenue named after Emperor Franz Joseph led to
the school (todays Gorkega street.)
Today the once georgeous building is completely
abandoned. The mighty promenade is gone, it has
been replaced by football and tennis courts, a
covered skating rink and a multipurpose sports
hall.
15
The most important buildings in Maribor that give
our town the historical and cultural significance
and constitute it as the metropolis of the
slovene styria province
16
FRANCISCAN CHURCH The Franciscan church was
built at the end of the 19th century near the the
old much smaller church. The neo-Roman basilica
was finished in 1904.
CATERAL The Catel of Maribor designed by Janez
Krsnik, was built in the 13th Century, the
presbytery in the 14th Century, the church tower
in 1623 and both baroque capels in 1715. The
cathedral became the Cathedral of the diocese of
Lavantska in 1859. At the beginning of the XX.
Century the church was redone in the Gothic style.
17
JUDICIAL TOWER The south-western part of the city
once ended with a rotund defensive tower, today
called the Judicial Tower. It was erected in
1310. In spite of its name, it was used primarily
for defence purposes, while serving later as a
warehouse and even as a production plant. Today
we use it for cultural events.
WATER TOWER The mighty fortification, called
today the Water Toer (Vodni stolp), was built in
the XVI century because of fear due the endless
Turkish peril.
18
THE SYNAGOGUE The Synagogue in Židovska street
dates from the end of the 14th Century . In 1501
it became a church and in 1785 a warehouse, which
it remains. Today we use it for cultural events.
THE RUDOLF MAISTER MONUMENT General Rudolf
Maister and his soldiers occupied the town, which
the Maribor Germans planned to join to the newly
founded Republic of Austria. With that move
Maister achieved in keeping Maribor a Slovene
town.
19
THE CITY HALL The City Hall (Rotovž) was built
in 1515. It acquired its present Renaissance
appearance from the Italiancivil engineering
masters work between 1563 and 1565. The main hall
is used today for performing wedding ceremonies.
MARYS - PLAGUE MONUMENT Marys or the Plague
Monument (Kužno znamenje) was erected in 1743, in
front of Rotovž, on the lokation of an older one
from 1681, which was built as a sign of gratitude
by the Maribor cizenry marking the cessation of
the plague in Maribor (about a fifth of Maribor
inhabitants died of it between 1680 and 1681). It
was costructed ba Jožef Štraub.
About PowerShow.com