Presentazione%20di%20PowerPoint - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

View by Category
About This Presentation
Title:

Presentazione%20di%20PowerPoint

Description:

... also displays beautiful collections of arms (of particular interest the 16th ... 1433 has brought the Byzantine Madonna with Child to the cathedral downtown ... – PowerPoint PPT presentation

Number of Views:55
Avg rating:3.0/5.0
Slides: 20
Provided by: bl787
Category:

less

Write a Comment
User Comments (0)
Transcript and Presenter's Notes

Title: Presentazione%20di%20PowerPoint


1
La classe 3DL presenta
BOLOGNA una città da scoprire
2
Bologna
Bologna is the regional capital of Emilia
Romagna, and a compulsory point of passage
between the North and South of the Peninsula. An
Etruscan and then Gallic settlement, it was first
a colony and then a Roman Municipality. During
the Middle Ages the city proclaimed itself a Free
Common and reached the top of its power in 1249
with the victory of the Fossalta battle where
King Enzo, son of the Emperor Frederic II, was
made prisoner. Within its walls, the first
University of the world saw the light in the XI
century. Seigniories followed one another until
the town in the XVI century fell once and for all
under the influence of the Papal State while at
the same time maintaining its own ancient
magistracies, first of all the senate, and its
own ambassador in Rome.
In the charming historical center, among the best
preserved in the world, many ancient palaces and
churches stand and witness the cultural relevance
that Bologna has had in the course of the
centuries. A most modern Fair District, an
efficient Congress Palace, up-to-date welcome
structures crown a rich group of industrial
companies of primary importance in the mechanical
sector and in the field of agricultural and food
processing, etc. Just take a walk along the
nearly 40 kilometers of porticoes that decorate
its streets allows to catch aspects of a life
full of moods, to follow shopping itineraries in
glamorous boutiques or in large and small street
markets, also for food, to know a many-sided
reality, culturally and economically at home in
XXI century Europe.
3
Bologna
4
Morandi Museum
The Morandi Museum in Bologna is situated within
the prestigious Palazzo d'Accursio, civic and
cultural heart of the city. The Museum houses the
richest collection of Giorgio Morandi's works, in
an exhibition space which offers many moments of
thought and reflection. The 281 works which make
up the collection (78 paintings from 1910 to
1964, 20 watercolours, 92 sketches, 87 etchings,
2 sculptures and 2 engraved plates) are exhibited
in silent and spacious surroundings pervaded by
the "morandian light" which emanates from every
image, translucent like the limpid skies over the
hills of Bologna. During the visit it is possible
to see the detailed and faithful reconstruction
of Morandi's studio with his original
furnishings, tools and models, an area dedicated
to works of various artists from Morandi's
private ancient art collection some "rooms of
memories" conserving other well-known objects
which belonged to him including etchings of
family portraits the library-archive where all
Morandi's books of art and literature are
catalogued along with a vast patrimony of
historical-documentary material relative to the
artist and his work. All the rooms are
air-conditioned and there is full access for
disabled visitors. The Morandi Museum organises
exhibitions of the artist in Italy and abroad and
publishes books and catalogues. In its gallery
the museum promotes exhibitions, concerts and
lectures.  
5
Museum of the Industrial Heritage
The Museum of the Industrial Heritage premises
are in the northern outskirts of Bologna, in a
former kiln along the Navile, the ancient
navigable channel of the city. The kiln, built in
1887 with a non-stop cycle Hoffmann oven,
produced bricks, Marseille roof tiles and fired
bricks working the top-quality clay present in
the area. At the end of the century the expansion
of the Galotti's Company brought to the
construction of another Hoffmann oven of which
some traces still remain on the ground in the
inside courtyard. After a period of abandon
following closing-down in 1966, the building was
bought by the Municipality of Bologna and
restored between 1984 and 1990. The Kiln was
completely restored and furnished in order to
host the Museum and other activities and
institutions.
6
University Museum of Paleonthology
and Geology "G.Capellini"
  It is the largest Paleontological Museum in
Italy both for its surface area and for the
number and importance of its collections (a
recent estimate rates it as having about one
million pieces). The Museum is arranged in
fifteen rooms and divided into four sections
ancient collections, fossilised plants,
fossilised vertebrates, rock and invertebrate
collections and fossils ordered according to
their geographic origin in Italy and abroad.  
7
   
   
University Museum of Physics
The Museum of Physics of the University of
Bologna boasts a centuries-long tradition. Now
that the 18th century material has been
transferred to Palazzo Poggi, the Museum today
contains the following important collections
19th century instruments for experimental
physics, the original teaching and experimental
material of Augusto Righi (1850-1920), the
apparatus used for teaching and for pure and
applied research of Q. Majorana (1871-1957),
apparatus from the school of specialisation in
Radio communications, based on the original
studies by Righi and Marconi and developed by
Majorana and Todesco. Numerous instruments are on
display to represent the 20th century and range
from vacuum tubes to thermoionic valves, the
first calculating machines to the most advanced
models, traditional refractor microscopes to
those of electrostatic and electronic type, early
vacuum pumps to the most recent models,
electrostatic measuring instruments to
electromagnetic models, and from Wilson's
cloud-chamber to wire and spark chambers.
 
8
 
  The museum opened in 1985 in the Palazzo
Ghisilardi-Fava. The Palazzo was built as a noble
residence towards the end of the 15th century and
is one of the most important and beautiful
examples of Bolognese architecture of the
Bentivoglio period. However, the history of the
building may be considered more antique. The
Palace is built over a part of the city whose
many layers of ancient artefacts were brought to
light during recent restoration. Remains have
been found ageing from Roman times to parts of
the ancient Imperial castle destroyed in 1115,
and to the tower of the Conoscenti family which
was incorporated into the construction of the
palace. The building is therefore strongly linked
to the history of the city as are the various
collections. Many of these inheritances and
collections date back to the 17th century from
Marquis Cospi's collection of curiosities (17th
century) to the Institute of Science (1714), and
the Bolognese artist Pelagio Palagi's donation
(1861) and on to the foundation of the "Museo
Civico". The most important part of the museum
is dedicated to the Medieval Period from the most
antique artefacts of the Medieval Age (7th-9th
centuries), to the great statue of Bonifacio VIII
in gold-plated copper on wood, carried out by the
Senese goldsmith Manno Bandini in 1301 for the
"Palazzo Pubblico". Nearby you can see the great
English cope embroidered at the beginning of the
l4th century, one of the most significant of the
Opus Anglicanum, from the S. Domenico Church. A
museum so deeply rooted in the history of the
city could not avoid a direct reference to the
ancient University. In fact, there are many
funeral sculptures dedicated to the teachers of
the "Studio" (l4th-15th century), in which a
strong will to praise is combined with the
expressiveness of the local Gothic culture. Other
important 15th and 16th century sculptures
(Iacopo della Quercia, Francesco del Cossa and
Vincenzo Onofri) illustrate the development of
Renaissance Art of which the museum contains many
examples, particularly in the section of bronzes.
Here is the model of Giambologna's famous
Neptune, designed for Piazza Maggiore, a
masterpiece of l6th century plastic. The Museum
also displays beautiful collections of arms (of
particular interest the 16th century jousting
armour), ivories and glasses, with 15th and 16th
century masterpieces from Murano. Particularly
interesting is the new illuminated manuscript's
section (1995) formed by many important l3th-16th
century Bolognese masterpieces.ù  
History Museum Museo Civico Medievale
The museum opened in 1985 in the Palazzo
Ghisilardi-Fava. The Palazzo was built as a noble
residence towards the end of the 15th century and
is one of the most important and beautiful
examples of Bolognese architecture of the
Bentivoglio period. However, the history of the
building may be considered more antique. The
Palace is built over a part of the city whose
many layers of ancient artefacts were brought to
light during recent restoration. Remains have
been found ageing from Roman times to parts of
the ancient Imperial castle destroyed in 1115,
and to the tower of the Conoscenti family which
was incorporated into the construction of the
palace. The building is therefore strongly linked
to the history of the city as are the various
collections. Many of these inheritances and
collections date back to the 17th century from
Marquis Cospi's collection of curiosities (17th
century) to the Institute of Science (1714), and
the Bolognese artist Pelagio Palagi's donation
(1861) and on to the foundation of the "Museo
Civico". The most important part of the museum
is dedicated to the Medieval Period from the most
antique artefacts of the Medieval Age (7th-9th
centuries), to the great statue of Bonifacio VIII
in gold-plated copper on wood, carried out by the
Senese goldsmith Manno Bandini in 1301 for the
"Palazzo Pubblico". Nearby you can see the great
English cope embroidered at the beginning of the
l4th century, one of the most significant of the
Opus Anglicanum, from the S. Domenico Church. A
museum so deeply rooted in the history of the
city could not avoid a direct reference to the
ancient University. In fact, there are many
funeral sculptures dedicated to the teachers of
the "Studio" (l4th-15th century), in which a
strong will to praise is combined with the
expressiveness of the local Gothic culture. Other
important 15th and 16th century sculptures
(Iacopo della Quercia, Francesco del Cossa and
Vincenzo Onofri) illustrate the development of
Renaissance Art of which the museum contains many
examples, particularly in the section of bronzes.
Here is the model of Giambologna's famous
Neptune, designed for Piazza Maggiore, a
masterpiece of l6th century plastic. The Museum
also displays beautiful collections of arms (of
particular interest the 16th century jousting
armour), ivories and glasses, with 15th and 16th
century masterpieces from Murano. Particularly
interesting is the new illuminated manuscript's
section (1995) formed by many important l3th-16th
century Bolognese masterpiece.
 
 
9
(No Transcript)
10
History Museum Museo Civico d'Arte Industriale
The museum is housed on the ground floor of the
prestigious Bargellini Palace, designed by the
architect Bartolomeo Provaglia and begun in 1638.
The façade of the palace was embellished in 1658
with the two famous sandstone atlases by the
Bolognese sculptors Gabriele Brunelli and
Francesco Agnesini, while the magnificent
stairway, possibly by Carlo Francesco Dotti,
dates from the first half of the eighteenth
century (1730). After the Bargellini died out, in
1839 the palace passed to a branch of the Davia,
another illustrious Bolognese senatorial family,
who occupied it until 1874. Opened to the public
in 1924, the museum today is still organised as
it was by its curator, Francesco Malaguzzi
Valeri, head of the Fine Arts Service. It is
composed of two distinct nuclei, the Davia
Bargellini picture gallery and the collections of
applied arts. In bringing these two heritages
together in the halls of the museum, its creator
intended to recreate an eighteenth-century
Bolognese furnished apartment.
11
San Luca
Traditional place of worship for the presence of
an image the Virgin of St. Luca as well as
reassuring visual landmark for Bolognese
approaching town, the shrine located on top of
Guardia hill is one of Bologna's symbol. The 666
vaults of the arcade - unique for his length
covering almost four kilometres (3,796 m) - link
the shrine with the town and provide a shelter
for the procession which every year since 1433
has brought the Byzantine Madonna with Child to
the cathedral downtown during the Ascension week.
Construction started in 1674 with the building of
the Bonaccorsi archway by G. G. Monti over
Saragozza Gateway.

The start of the climb is marked by the
Meloncello Archway along via Saragozza, designed
by Dotti with the likely contribution of the
stage designer Francesco Bibiena. The aedicule
with its curved plan and the recourse to the free
column represents, together with the open area
outside the basilica, the only outdoor example of
Baroque in town. Today's church was built by
Dotti between 1723 and 1757 in place of an
earlier 15th-century church, while the two
outside tribunes were brought to completion by
his son Giovanni Giacomo in 1774
12
San Luca
13
St. Stefano
 
 
14
Basilica of St. Petronio
 
15
St. Domenico
16
2 Towers
17
....
18
BOLOGNAFIERE
19
(No Transcript)
About PowerShow.com