1. There is a set of 16 colors that are guaranteed to be displayable by all graphical browsers on all color monitors
black 000000 green 008000
silver C0C0C0 lime 00FF00
gray 808080 olive 808000
white FFFFFF yellow FFFF00
maroon 800000 navy 000080
red FF0000 blue 0000FF
purple 800080 teal 008080
fuchia FF00FF aqua 00FFFF
2. There is a much larger set the Web Palette
- 216 colors
- Use hex color values of 00 33 66 99 CC and FF
3. Any one of 16 million different colors
- The color property specifies the foreground color of elements
lttable border 5pxgt
ltth style color redgt Apple lt/thgt
ltth style color orangegt Orange lt/thgt
ltth style color orangegt Screwdriver
- The background-color property specifies the background color of elements
ltp style font-size 24 color blue background-color redgt
To really make it stand out use a red background!
- The background-image property
- Use with care
40 The ltspangt and ltdivgt tags
- One problem with the font properties is that they apply to whole elements which are often too large
- Solution a new tag to define an element in the content of a larger element - ltspangt
- The default meaning of ltspangt is to leave the content as it is
Now is the ltspangt best time lt/spangt ever!
41 The ltspangt and ltdivgt tags
- Use ltspangt to apply an inline style sheet to its content
Now is the
ltspan style font-size 40 font-family Arial color redgt best time lt/spangt ever!
42 The ltspangt and ltdivgt tags
- The ltspangt tag is similar to other HTML tags they can be nested and they have id and class attributes
top background-color ccc padding 1em
.intro color red font-weight bold
ltdiv idtopgt lth1gtChocolate currylt/h1gt
ltp classintrogtThis is my recipe for making curry purely with chocolatelt/pgt
ltp classintrogtMmm mm mmmmmlt/pgt
43 The ltspangt and ltdivgt tags
- Another tag that is useful for style specifications ltdivgt
- Used to create document sections (or divisions) for which style can be specified
- e.g. A section of five paragraphs for which you want some particular style
- The difference between span and div is that a span element is in-line and usually used for a small chunk of in-line HTML whereas a div (division) element is block-line (which is basically equivalent to having a line-break before and after it) and used to group larger chunks of code.
PowerShow.com is a leading presentation/slideshow sharing website. Whether your application is business, how-to, education, medicine, school, church, sales, marketing, online training or just for fun, PowerShow.com is a great resource. And, best of all, most of its cool features are free and easy to use.
You can use PowerShow.com to find and download example online PowerPoint ppt presentations on just about any topic you can imagine so you can learn how to improve your own slides and presentations for free. Or use it to find and download high-quality how-to PowerPoint ppt presentations with illustrated or animated slides that will teach you how to do something new, also for free. Or use it to upload your own PowerPoint slides so you can share them with your teachers, class, students, bosses, employees, customers, potential investors or the world. Or use it to create really cool photo slideshows - with 2D and 3D transitions, animation, and your choice of music - that you can share with your Facebook friends or Google+ circles. That's all free as well!
For a small fee you can get the industry's best online privacy or publicly promote your presentations and slide shows with top rankings. But aside from that it's free. We'll even convert your presentations and slide shows into the universal Flash format with all their original multimedia glory, including animation, 2D and 3D transition effects, embedded music or other audio, or even video embedded in slides. All for free. Most of the presentations and slideshows on PowerShow.com are free to view, many are even free to download. (You can choose whether to allow people to download your original PowerPoint presentations and photo slideshows for a fee or free or not at all.) Check out PowerShow.com today - for FREE. There is truly something for everyone!