Objectives This international e-mail exchange project is mainly intended to help students understand how school life is like in different countries by discussing three topics My School My Teachers and Classes and Preparing for examination through IEEC. At the end of this project students will create a website on it together.
Timeline The timeline for this collaborative learning project is February to April. (About 4-5 weeks)
Activities Students are expected to exchange e-mails/voice mails/video mails with their key pals every week.
Assignment By the end of March students have to finish their written reports on A Day in Our Schools and give an oral presentation in class.
3 Topic 1. My School
1. What school do you go to
2. What year are you in/ What grade are you in now
3. How many students are there in your school
4. How many teachers are there in your school
5. Is your house far from or close to school
6. How do you get to school
1. I go to St. Pauls High School.
I study at Washington High.
2. Im in the first year.
Im in the first/final of junior high school. / Im in the sixth/seventh grade.
3. There are 1000 students in my school.
4. There are more than 100 teachers in my school.
5. My house is very close to/near/not far from school.
6. I ride my bike a motorbike /commute / walk to school. / I take a bus/train to school. / My father drives me to school.
I go a nice school with a little over 800 other students. The campus is located very close to the seaside so my biology class often takes field trips to the beach. Students from all over Taiwan attend my school because it is a very exceptional school. My school is good in many different subjects especially math and science. In national math competitions my school always places in the top ten. My school also participates in numerous science exhibitions throughout the year and we always win many awards.
Exchange e-mails on your school with your key pals.
Shortly introduce yourself to your key pal.
Describe your school.
Ask your key pals how their school is like.
Attach several digital pictures of your school in the mail.
6 Topic 2. My Teachers and Classes
1. What is your favorite class
2. Who is your favorite teacher
3. What does she teach
4. Why do you like her
5. How is your English class
6. How many days per week do you go to school
7. How many hours do you study a day
8. When does first period begin
9. When does the school day end
10. How long do you have for lunch
11. Do you take a nap after lunch
12. How long do you take for your nap
13. What classes are you taking this semester
14. If you go to cram school what class do you take in the cram school
1. My favorite class is music / history /math/ English
2. I like Miss Lee/ Mr. Wang.
3. She teaches music.
4. Because she is very kind. / She is humorous.
5. My English class is very boring.
6. I go to school five days a week.
7. I study seven hours a day.
8. It begins at eight.
9. It ends at four.
10. I have one hour for lunch.
12. I take half an hour.
13. I am taking physics chemistry computer science art and P.E.
14. I take English conversation.
My Favorite class
Im currently in the second grade of junior high school. My favorite class at school is history. I like that class very much because I love learning about ancient cultures. The class is also enjoyable because I have a very funny teacher named Mr. Hong. He always makes his lessons very interesting so you never get bored in his class!
Exchange e-mails on your favorite teachers and classes with your key pals.
Draw a picture of your favorite teacher and briefly describe how he/she looks.
Tell your key pals the reasons why you like the teachers class.
9 Topic 3. Preparing for examinations
1. We have exams three times every semester.
2. Usually I spend two days preparing for exams.
3. Yes I stay up all night studying.
4. I go to the library to study.
5. I like to study alone because I dont want to be disturbed.
6. I watch TV to relax./ I sometimes go to the movies. / I go to sleep earlier than usual.
7. Im worried during the exam. / Im very nervous during mid-term.
8. I didnt do too well./ I did pretty well. / Not bad. It was all right. /It was terrible! /I studied but I still didnt do very well.
1. How often do you have exams
2. How many days do you study to prepare for exams
3. Do you study hard the night before an exam
4. Where do you study for the exam
5. Do you study alone or with you classmate Why
6. What do you do before your exams
7. How do you feel during exam time
8. What did you think of your exams this year
The Night Before an Exam
I like studying but I dont like exams. I always get nervous on the night before an exam. I become very uneasy when I have to give up watching TV or reading novels. Usually I go to the library to review all my notes from class. Sometimes I have to stay up all night in order to prepare well. This make me very upset especially when I have several exams in the same week. On those weeks I dont get much sleep at all and I dont do very well on any of my exams. I should probably find a better way to study so I will get better grades!
Exchange e-mails on tips for becoming a good learner with your key pals.
Are you a good learner
What is learning like
What subjects are you good/bad in
How do you learn the subject before class/ in class/ after class
What are the tips for becoming a good learner
After exchanging your view points on school life in different countries with international key pals we may start to compose a written report now.
Topic A Day in Our Schools
PowerShow.com is a leading presentation/slideshow sharing website. Whether your application is business, how-to, education, medicine, school, church, sales, marketing, online training or just for fun, PowerShow.com is a great resource. And, best of all, most of its cool features are free and easy to use.
You can use PowerShow.com to find and download example online PowerPoint ppt presentations on just about any topic you can imagine so you can learn how to improve your own slides and presentations for free. Or use it to find and download high-quality how-to PowerPoint ppt presentations with illustrated or animated slides that will teach you how to do something new, also for free. Or use it to upload your own PowerPoint slides so you can share them with your teachers, class, students, bosses, employees, customers, potential investors or the world. Or use it to create really cool photo slideshows - with 2D and 3D transitions, animation, and your choice of music - that you can share with your Facebook friends or Google+ circles. That's all free as well!
For a small fee you can get the industry's best online privacy or publicly promote your presentations and slide shows with top rankings. But aside from that it's free. We'll even convert your presentations and slide shows into the universal Flash format with all their original multimedia glory, including animation, 2D and 3D transition effects, embedded music or other audio, or even video embedded in slides. All for free. Most of the presentations and slideshows on PowerShow.com are free to view, many are even free to download. (You can choose whether to allow people to download your original PowerPoint presentations and photo slideshows for a fee or free or not at all.) Check out PowerShow.com today - for FREE. There is truly something for everyone!